WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO HELP WITH OUR PARKS' EFFORTS
Coming up: our wrap-up of the results of the Summer Run of student self-guided cleanups and the launch of the Fall Run in late September. Please check back soon for details.
Fall 2020 Volunteer Opportunities
Get outdoors! Join the Timucuan Parks Foundation in helping the parks with volunteer shoreline and park cleanups, trail maintenance, construction projects, and outreach.
For all projects, volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and it is highly recommended that they bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, sunglasses and a reusable water bottle. Tools, work gloves, water, and Nature Valley granola bars will be provided.
Volunteers must follow all park rules and policies as well as promote and exhibit safe behavior at all times. Due to COVID-19 precautions, cleanup groups will be limited to 50 participants and masks will be required except for children under 6 years old or for those with respiratory issues.
Children under 16 must be supervised by their parent/guardian or scout leader during the project. Anyone under 18 years old must have signature of parent/guardian on liability waiver prior to starting work.
Florida Coastal Cleanup – September 19
Go here for our two locations and additional details for the Florida Coastal Cleanup. Just show up, you do not need to sign up with the form below. See you there!
|Sept 19, 2020||Volunteer||Florida Coastal Cleanup||Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, Reddie Point Preserve||9 am – 11 am|
|Sept 26, 2020||Volunteer||National Public Lands Day||Betz-Tiger Point Preserve||9 am – 12 noon|
Due to the city’s Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005, masks are now required in public spaces. The nature of our environmental education programs makes it difficult to ensure adequate social distancing, therefore, masks will be required except for those less than 6 years old or with respiratory issues. We appreciate your cooperation by bringing your own mask to any of our programs until further notice. All other guidelines previously shared remain unchanged.
Due to COVID-19, the following precautions will be in place at all programs until further notice:
- Service projects will be presented on a first-come basis with a limit of fifty (50) participants.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet apart is to be expected for individuals and/or family groups.
- Use of cloth face coverings is currently required for attendees with the exception of young children or those with respiratory issues.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette are advised.
- Please stay home if you are ill or have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms or had close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.