WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO HELP WITH OUR PARKS' EFFORTS
Get outdoors! Join the Timucuan Parks Foundation in helping the parks with volunteer shoreline and park cleanups and trail maintenance.
For all projects, volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and it is highly recommended that they bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, sunglasses and a reusable water bottle. Tools, work gloves, water, and Nature Valley granola bars will be provided.
Volunteers must follow all park rules and policies as well as promote and exhibit safe behavior at all times. Due to COVID-19 precautions, cleanup groups will be limited to 50 participants and masks will be required except for children under 6 years old or for those with respiratory issues.
Children under 16 must be supervised by their parent/guardian or scout leader during the project. Anyone under 18 years old must have signature of parent/guardian on liability waiver prior to starting work.
WINTER 2021 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
No projects at the moment – check back here for updates!
Important notice from the City of Jacksonville:
The nature of our environmental education programs makes it difficult to ensure adequate social distancing, therefore, masks are recommended except for those less than 6 years old or with respiratory issues. We appreciate your cooperation by bringing your own mask to any of our programs until further notice.
Due to COVID-19, the following precautions will be in place at all programs, until further notice:
- Please stay home if you are ill or have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms or had close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- City of Jacksonville nature programs will be presented on a first-come basis with a limit of ten (10) participants.
- Service projects will be presented on a first-come basis with a limit of fifty (50) participants.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet apart is to be expected for individuals and/or family groups.
- Use of cloth face coverings is recommended for attendees with the exception of young children or those with respiratory issues.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette are advised.