- This event has passed.
Florida Coastal Cleanup – 2 Locations
September 19, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join this annual International Coastal Cleanup effort to keep the oceans (and all shorelines) clean—TPF will be conducting a cleanup of the St. Johns River shoreline at two locations:
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
500 Wonderwood Dr
Follow gate attendant direction
9 AM – 11 AM
Reddie Point Preserve
4499 Yachtsman Way
Meet at pavilion by the pier
9 AM – 11 AM
Volunteers are asked to meet at 9 AM at the designated spot, and wear closed-toed shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Also bring work gloves (if you have them), sunscreen, insect repellent spray, a hat, sunglasses and water (in a reusable water bottle). Timucuan Parks Foundation will have additional work gloves, equipment and supplies and will also provide snacks and water.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, cleanup groups will be limited to 50 participants and masks will be required except for children under 6 years old or for those with respiratory issues. The city’s COVID-19 emergency order is outlined on the right.
Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Those under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or scout leader during the project. Volunteers are eligible for community service hours. To receive a waiver or for more information, contact Timucuan Parks Foundation at [email protected]
These projects are done in partnership with the City of Jacksonville Keep Jacksonville Beautiful commission and JaxParks.
[/cmsms_text][/cmsms_column][cmsms_column data_width=”1/3″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
Due to the city’s Emergency Executive Proclamation 2020-005, masks are now required in public spaces. The nature of our environmental education programs makes it difficult to ensure adequate social distancing, therefore, masks will be required except for those less than 6 years old or with respiratory issues. We appreciate your cooperation by bringing your own mask to any of our programs until further notice. All other guidelines previously shared remain unchanged.
Due to COVID-19, the following precautions will be in place at all programs until further notice:
- Service projects will be presented on a first-come basis with a limit of fifty (50) participants.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet apart is to be expected for individuals and/or family groups.
- Use of cloth face coverings is currently required for attendees with the exception of young children or those with respiratory issues.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette are advised.
- Please stay home if you are ill or have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms or had close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.